The Meadow Lake Aquatic Centre is looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and team focused individual to join our life guarding crew in a part time lifeguard/instructor position .
The ideal candidate would possess a passion for aquatics coupled with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures the safety of Aquatic Centre customers by enforcing policies, rules, and regulations.
- Teaches Lifesaving Society swimming lessons. Completes all paperwork such as work sheets and report cards at the conclusion of a set of lessons.
- Administer First Aid in the event of major or minor incidents within the facility.
- Maintenance and cleaning of the guard area, pool areas, and change rooms.
- Logs, records, and reports information such as water tests, time sheets, and tasks performed.
- Promotes pool programming and maintains positive public relations between staff and customers.
The successful candidate would require:
- A minimum of 15 years of age
- Current Bronze Cross certificate
- Current First Aid / CPR "C" certificate
- Current National Lifeguard (NLS) certificate
- Current Lifesaving Instructor (LSI) certificate
The City of Meadow Lake offers competitive wages, and emphasis on work/life balance. If you're looking for a career that contributes directly to a growing, thriving community, then apply with cover letter and resume to: Jennifer Morin, Aquatic Center Manager, City of Meadow Lake, 615 Centre St, Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1V4; Phone: (306) 236-2686
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.19 /hour