MLTCII Corporate Development Officer
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council (MLTC) represents the collective interests of the nine First Nations whose traditional territories encompass much of central northwest Saskatchewan. MLTC has current investments in the forestry, agriculture, hospitality, utilities, transportation and petroleum sectors. MLTC Industrial Investments LP (MLTCII) is the corporate business entity created to foster economic development, wealth, opportunity, health and prosperity for its nine First Nation shareholders. MLTCII has an ambitious growth vision for the future.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Corporate Development Officer is a key member of the management team. We are looking for an ambitious, energetic, enthusiastic, details-oriented leader to fill this exciting new role with MLTCII. If you are a passionate, creative, hard-working team-player who cares about people, about every little detail and in creating high-quality outcomes – we’d like to talk to you. You need to be energized by problem-solving, comfortable with diverse challenges, able to accommodate issues and create workable outcomes, and be a thoughtful communicator focused on inspiring the people around you.
This position is responsible for supporting the analysis and execution of acquisitions, strategic transactions and other growth initiatives. Tasks will include:
• Conducting market research and performing competitive assessments
• Developing detailed financial models
• Identifying new target opportunities and preparing company profile presentations
• Assisting with the program management of cross-functional due diligence teams
• Assisting business teams with strategic planning and business case development
Our head office, and MLTCII management team, is based in the thriving community of Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan – on the edge of the beautiful boreal forest of northwest Saskatchewan and close to some of the most pristine lakes and provincial parks in all of Canada! Meadow Lake has plenty of amenities to meet your needs and is approximately a three hour drive from Saskatoon and a four and a half hour drive from Edmonton.
Required Skills & Experience
• Experienced. Minimum five-years of experience in business start-up, business management, corporate development, mergers and acquisitions in a company of similar size and stage of development as MLTCII – ideally with strong Indigenous domain experience;
• Analytical. Strong quantitative, analytical and financial skills including valuation and financial modelling and strong proficiency with Excel – highly organized and detail-oriented;
• Knowledgeable of accounting. Understanding of accounting and company valuation techniques - able to analyze financial statements;
• Communicator. Strong communication, presentation and negotiating skills – able to summarize complex topics – solid command of PowerPoint – well-developed program management and interpersonal skills - effective communication with business and functional teams;
• Energetic. Ability to initiate and manage required supporting research – persistently strong work ethic – takes initiative – can balance multiple tasks – work under stress – manage deadlines;
• Knowledgeable of markets. Skilled in market research and data analysis with a real passion for using analytics to drive informed decision making – market-aware and market research capable;
• Knowledgeable of government programs and funding. Experience with accessing, managing and reporting of Government of Canada (INAC / NRCAN / WD / SIEF) funding opportunities;
• Knowledgeable of Indigenous organization. Experience with Indigenous corporations, Chief and Councils, band administration, band business operations and entrepreneurial support mechanisms; and
• Professional. University degree with Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) / Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation would be ideal but a combination of experience and affiliated training will also be considered.
We invite you to grow your career with us!
To apply, please email your resume to [email protected] by 4:00 p.m. on May 18, 2018.
MLTC II Corporate Development Officer
MLTCII Corporate Development Officer